Send them all at once
Kicked the air, flogged the earth, and bucked in excitement;
Replenished the old adorable days into my bottle of love;
Inhaled the air of freedom;
Here I am wiping the wistful tears, gone away miles into the weeds of oblivion.
Buried myself in the tomb of salvation.
You humans, do not come near me. You're accursed.
Do not touch me, your hands are full of filth.
Do not look at me with a propitiatory gaze, for I will never fall into your hands of knavery.
Do not bring a hearse to carry my corpse, which will levitate higher and higher and will vanish into a thin air.
Do not need a funeral procession, I won't take anyone with me, not even the one I loved the most.
Do not need mournings, which are for the weak and the meek, I am not.
Do not lay a wreath on my grave - the Sun, the rain, and the air will spoil its freshness.
I put chaplet on my forehead which will never vanish from the deepest of my memory;
Do not sing any dirges, you will be disturbing my melodramatic romance with my soul;
Send a lark to sing a mellifluous tune, so that my romance is kept alive;
Send a pigoen to make love;
Send a peacock to dance, my desires will be kept anew and afresh;
Send a lion to guard the nadir part of my tomb and send a vulture to hover above the zenith part of my tomb.
Send them all at once.
---
Comments
Post a Comment